How to Use the Profiling Tool
The Competence Framework is made available on the Internet to all users and interested persons as a multilingual, interactive profiling tool. The functions of the profiling tool can be used selectively for recruiting, HR development, producing job profiles, qualification consulting, self-assessment, developing curricula etc. This makes the profiling tool a useful resource for all technical communication-related activities.
The entire qualification space is mapped in the profiling tool. The taxonomy can be used interactively for the various competence requirements. The starting point is the four hierarchical levels of the taxonomy for competence requirements, the areas of knowledge, fields of competence, thematic blocks and teaching contents. The competence requirements are stored in the tool together with background information for the three qualification- and certification-relevant dimensions.
Users of tekom’s Competence Framework for Technical Communication can select relevant individual aspects from the taxonomy for competence requirements:
Interactive selection of:
- Up to 7 areas of competence, each accompanied by definitions.
- Up to 27 fields of competence, each accompanied by definitions and information about possible qualification levels (Dimension 4 of the Competence Framework) for tekom certification.
- Special thematic blocks, each accompanied by information about possible qualification levels (Dimension 4 of the Competence Framework) for tekom certification.
- Special teaching contents, each accompanied by information about possible teaching approaches (Dimension 2 of the Competence Framework) and teaching contents (Dimension 3 of the Competence Framework) for certification purposes.
Selected items can be downloaded or printed as personalized skills profiles in PDF format.
Personalized skills profiles can be used:
- For tekom qualification consulting
- For gap analysis and identifying individual further education needs
- By company managers and personnel departments
- For drawing up specialist job profiles and roles
- For targeted personnel recruitment and writing job advertisements
- For HR development and targeted employee competency development
- By further education institutes and training providers, including universities
- For developing new training offerings and curricula
- By persons interested in further education
- For identifying and defining individual further education content and objectives
- For developing individual, needs-based further education concepts